- RECIPES -
- RECIPES -
Japanese Sushi California Rolls
1 cup - Prepared Sushi Rice (recipe as per SUSHI RICE)
1 sheet - Nori
1/2 cup - Sushi rice
Light soy sauce
For The Filling
1 Tbsp - Black sesame seeds (toasted)
1/2 small pc - Cucumber (peeled, seeded, cut into matchstick size pieces)
1/2 pc - Carrot (peeled, cut into matchstick size pieces)
1/2 medium - Avocado [peeled, pitted (remove the seed) and sliced into 1/4” thick strips](squeeze some lemon juice over it to prevent browning)
1) Cover a bamboo mat (makisu) with plastic wrap (cling film).
2) Fold and cut the nori sheets in half (horizontally).
3) Lay one sheet with the shiny side down, on the mat.
4) Wet your fingers with water. Gently and evenly spread about half cup of the rice on to the nori.
5) Sprinkle the black sesame seed on the rice.
6) Flip the nori over so that the rice side is down.
7) Place a few strips of the cucumber, carrot and avocado on the end of the sheet closer to you.
8) Grab this edge of the mat, keeping the fillings in place with your fingers; roll it into a tight cylinder. (using the mat to shape the cylinder)
9) Cut the roll into 6 pieces.
10) Serve with soy sauce, gari (pickled ginger) and wasabi.